Final Game #3: Friction Resistance, Momentum and Local Platforms

Friction Resistance:
In my game, I have included some sloped platforms which are affected by a friction resistance. Friction is a force which resists the movement of an object. A force is added to my player's velocity which is calculated by the Cross Product between normal of surface, and the downwards Vector.



Script used for the friction resistance

Momentum:
In my game, I have included a series of bouncing spherical objects which can lose momentum over time. In the animated clip, you can see a red object slowing down and losing momentum over time, before stopping completely.


Script used for the momentum of bouncing objects.


Local Friction on Harmonic Motion Platforms
In my game, I was keen to add a feature to allow the player to be able to jump onto a harmonic motion platform, and allow them to move freely on it. 

The game has been programmed, so the player becomes a parent object of any harmonic motion platform. This means the player can keep the movement and velocity going, but means the player is restricted to moving on a harmonic motion platform.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Game #4: Conclusion

Final Game #1: Distance, Displacement, Acceleration, Velocity and Gravity